Monday, March 8, 2010

Thank you Earl...

My cousin, Marine LCPL Earl Willis, leaves March 12 for his first deployment to Afghanistan. This past Saturday we went to a BBQ send off for him. Many miles have always separated me from Mom's family but this move to Austin has brought us closer. I was absolutely thrilled when my Aunt Robyn emailed me the invitation and details for the get together. Run or no run Saturday morning we were getting to Lake Jackson to see the family!

We arrived around 4ish and Aunt Robyn had the smoker going with lots and lots of food for everyone. It was so neat to see Earl's friends.

The Brazoria County Cavalry showed up which was a HUGE surprise for Earl. The Cavalry consists of many, many, motorcyclists led by the Lake Jackson Fire Department. They come to wish those who are going off to war all the best. I was in awe of this ritual they perform every weekend for our men and women who are leaving to serve and protect our country.

I have told Earl this, but I say it here also... There are NO words to express the gratitude I have for his commitment.

Earl's older sister Christina is a great photographer and she and I tried to capture as many moments as possible for him.

We had so much fun. The girls got to play with their cousins... I got to see many of my cousins along with my Aunt and Granny! Many heart-smiles!!!!

Here are some of the pics we took. We heard the song that is in the background on the way home and I think it is appropriate for what Earl will be facing... tears...

Thank you Aunt Robyn again for making sure we were a part of this. We love you all!!!!





"Do not be afraid of them; the LORD your God himself will fight for you."
~Deuteronomy 3:22

2 comments:

  1. Natalie Rose White Renfrow! That was awsome. I can hardly type through the tears. thank you for sharing that. It made me feel like I was there....Love you so much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie- There are no words to express how I feel right now!!! That was so awesome!!! OH my word. Was doing good until I watched that!!! I love you so much and I was so proud that you could be there to share in that gathering!!! thank you so much

    Aunt Robyn

    ReplyDelete