Thursday, February 25, 2010

Is it working????

So many of you have asked on different occasions how CrossFit is going... I have really tried NOT to measure or weigh myself and just go on how I feel. There have been moments during my workouts I have had to stop to pull up my pants and I thought huh, that is weird... good but weird. And today while running around the back yard chasing the girls I kept hiking my pants up. I remembered that the shirt and jeans I wore today I had been pictured in a while back... I was not happy with the shot. Remembering this, I decided when Garth came home tonight I would have him take some quick shots to see if we have made any "progress". I cannot believe I am doing this but here are some before and where we are now shots... I still have a long way to go but...

Here it is....


Before: Oct. 23, 2009 & then another March 16, 2009




And then there is Garth who dropped the pounds soooo fast! He is on the last notch on most of his belts.

Before: June 27, 2009





We are so excited we are seeing and feeling results. We are trying to stick to a Paleo/Zone way of eating and keeping up with our 3 times a week CrossFit.

This was a HUGE CrossFit week for me (((BIG SMILES))) Tonight for the second time in a row I FINISHED a workout before my coach called time (goal check)!!!!! I am on my way to accomplishing my goals Monday night I did a box hand stand push up (goal check)... barely, but it was a start. Yesterday we did "FRAN" as the WOD (workout of the Day) FRAN is 21-15-9 reps of, in this version, KB Thruster and Pull Ups, so I did 21 KB Thrusters and then 21 Pull ups and then 15 and then 9... I finished in 11:37! I did the pull ups WITH THE BANDS (goal check)!! and I had to go lighter on the kettle bell weight... still tough and I still finished!!! Tonight (Thursday, February 25) I finished the workout before JDP (my coach) called time... the WOD was: 3 rounds for time: 500m Row, 10 Squat Clean to Over Head. I need to start taking my book in and write it down because I have now forgotten the time but I think I finished it in 14:57???? I think. I know it was like 3 seconds from his time limit.

The important thing for me is I finished!!!!!! I am accomplishing goals... my pants are falling off... I'm on my way! HAHA!!

While I wish you could all come and workout with us here in Austin, I found these CrossFit Gyms in the Oklahoma areas...

Jenks: CrossFit Jenks (This group looks like they have fun)
Oklahoma City: CrossFit OKC, CrossFit 405

If you want to find a CrossFit gym in your area click here... CrossFIT.com, find your state and see if there is one near!








6 comments:

  1. I want to know more about this crossfit! and if they have anything like it in Tulsa! :) You guys look GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nevermind i was smart enough to look over and see your link on the page to crossfit LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to both of you! Amazing! I am Coach Carey Kepler from the gym, I don't think I have gotten to meet either of you and hope to in the near future! JDP had to share your story! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to post to let everyone know that I do not walk around with my pants hanging half way down my a**. I just wanted to show that my 32 inch pants, which were starting to get tight, will now fall past my waist if I don't have a belt on. Even in high school I wore 31s.....I may be smaller than that! I have only lost 10 lbs total (175 to 165), but lost a ton of inches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Carey thank you so much!!! You guys have such a great thing going at CrossFit Central and we are so proud to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking aweseome! Congratulations to both of you. Keep it up.
    Lisa Thiel -

    ReplyDelete